What My Pet Bird Means to Me Contest
Calling all pet bird owners! We need your enthusiasm and passion to help us spread the word about the fantastic benefits of having a pet bird! Whether it’s funny, cute, or showcases how much your pet bird adores you, we want you to share an original video with us that shows your feathered friend in all its fun, lovable glory.
Enter MyBird’s What My Pet Bird Means to Me Video Contest
Upload your video to YouTube, Instagram, or Vimeo and share the link with us through the entry form below. All eligible submissions must have been received electronically between May 25 and July 15, 2022. From July 17 to September 10, 2022, people will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite video at MyRightBird.com. Each entrant will receive a link to their submission to share with family and friends. Be sure to share your entry on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, in an email, on your blog, in a newsletter, etc. to capture votes! And use the hashtag #bestpetbird! The winners of the contest will be selected by a committee of judges from the 10 videos with the most votes!
Contest winners will be announced at 10 AM MST on National Pet Bird Day, September 17, 2022.
1st Place $1,000
2nd Place $500
3rd Place $250
4th Place $100
The entrant(s) must:
- Submit an original video that showcases your pet bird.
- Submit video lasting 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
- Certify that all content in the video is original and belongs to the entrant(s).
- Obtain permission to use any location that is shown in the video.
- Have in their possession a signed Photo/Video Release Form from all people in the video who can be visibly recognized—minors must have parent or guardian signatures.
- Not use copyrighted materials (music, images, etc.) unless you own the copyright or have a license to use the material for this contest. Written permission must be obtained and provided upon request for all copyrighted materials.
- Not obtain votes through voter exchange groups or other questionable or inauthentic means. Doing so will disqualify the entry from moving on to the final judging and receiving a prize.
By submitting an entry, the entrant(s) represents that the video is an original work, and the entrant(s) is the sole owner of all rights to the video. The entrant(s) also agrees to allow MyBird and BEAK (Bird Enjoyment and Advancement Koalition) to use his or her name to post at MyRightBird.com, without compensation unless prohibited. Each entrant(s) retains his or her rights to their video but grants to MyBird and BEAK a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the video, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any MyBird and BEAK purpose, including, but not limited to, education, advertising, and promotion. MyBird and BEAK will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. MyBird and BEAK, its agents and contractors, are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or postage-due entries. The entrant is responsible for obtaining legal permission to film on the location they have chosen. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law. MyBird and BEAK reserve the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. Decisions of MyBird and BEAK are final and binding. Please do not submit pet birds using inappropriate language or material. The submissions will be pre-approved and made live by a committee. We reserve the right to deny or approve any entries.